How to select a search firm
Choosing a search firm is an important decision.
The outcome of that decision affects not only your company’s profitability, it also has a direct impact on your organization’s culture.
You make a statement to your entire company every time a new person joins your firm. The quality of the individual you hire and their ability to make a major contribution sends a message throughout your organization reflecting on your company’s future prospects.
Clients have told us the criteria they use to select a search firm is based upon:
Comfort Level With Search Consultant
- Does the Search Consultant understand what I am trying to accomplish?
- Can they represent my company in a professional manner?
- Are they going to do the work or will they hand it off to a junior associate and spend their time looking for their next search assignment?
- How committed are they to my success?
Search Firm Credibility
- How long has the Search Firm been in business?
- Do they have the resources to complete my search?
- What is the caliber of their other clients?
- Does the Search Firm have a process that will solve my problem?
- Do I understand how that process benefits me?
Length Of Time Before Position Is Filled
- How long does it take to complete a search?
- How can the timetable be sped up?
- What can delay it?